We make a list for our nursery and deck it out. We make a list for what we need at hospital and pack a bag. But what about a list for our maternity lingerie needs?
There are so many things to think about and plan for when you’re having a baby. But don’t forget your own special lingerie needs. Here’s a super easy list to help you get started on your maternity lingerie essentials.
1. A comfortable everyday maternity bra in a light colour that can be worn with all outfits is a great start. Especially in the summer when you’re more likely to wear lighter colours and fabrics. There are lots of lovely styles available from Yummy Mummy Lingerie including Cake Rose Mousse, Hotmilk First Light, You! Lingerie Flirty You and Seraphine St Tropez and more…..
3. A super comfy, stretchy and soft, seam-free nursing bra is essential to provide comfort during your breast changes. They allow for gradual increases in size during pregnancy, rapid increase in size when your milk comes in and offer gentle support for a more comfortable sleep at night.
4. A maternity bra that makes you feel as good as you look! During the months of pregnancy and breastfeeding there will be lots of occasions for celebrations and evening’s out. There is such a lovely range of maternity bras that you can choose from to make yourself feel and look extra special inside and out. Some of our favourites treat yourself to at the moment include the convertible Cake Toffee and Lingerie’s Berry Monroe and Amber Plum.
5. A well structured sports bra is a must for ‘mums’ to be’ and new mums. No-one wants heavier and tender breasts to get in the way of your usual exercise regime right? Cake Orange Zest is a full-structured maternity sports bra that provides great support, function, comfort and of course is stylish!
6. As well as the above list of suggested maternity bra’s – a versatile addition to your maternity lingerie wardrobe are one or two nursing singlets, maternity tanks or camisoles. Their built in nursing bra supports your bust and allows you to breastfeed without having to lift up your top and exposing your tummy. Perfect for maintaining your modesty and for those cold days! Maternity tanks are super comfy and come in a range of colours. Wear them under shirts or by themselves when it’s warm out. So versatile they can be worn casually or dressed up for a night out. Here are a few of our favourite maternity tanks :
Yummy Mummy Lingerie have a great range of maternity lingerie, maternity sleepwear and maternity wear to suit all shapes and sizes. Whether you are after comfort, style or a sports maternity bra, we have something suitable for you. Please contact us for assistance on email@example.com